Together We Rise CT- Building Bridges for Justice & The Valley Stands Up are excited to annouce that we will be hosting a Satellite Event for the March for Science!! We’re excited to bring together scientists, farmers, bee keepers, musicians, local artists, renewable energy experts, environmental activists and community members to CELEBRATE science & champion robustly funded and publicly communicated science as a pillar of human freedom and prosperity! We will unite as a nonpartisan front to explore all that science has taught us and the future of possbilities!
This event is FREE & accessible to all! There will be lots of kid-friendly, hand-on activities, experts who will share their experiences, refreshments & snacks by donation!
Make it a WHOLE DAY AFFAIR!
10-11am Satellite Vigil for March for Science
10-12pm Music by The Grays!
12-1pm Beginner’s Yoga with The Inverted Tree Yogi
10-2pm Lots and lots of Booths including
The After Life!
Donate Life Connecticut
Connecticut Green Burial Grounds
New Nature Arts
Animals & Birds!
The Connecticut Audubon Society
Maybe some baby goats!
Eightmile Wild & Scenic River Watershed
Farms & Gardens!
Hay Farm House
East Haddam Land Trust
Ballek’s Garden Center
UConn Extension Master Gardener Program
Appalachian Mountain Club Connecticut Chapter (CT AMC)
East Haddam Conservation Commision
UConn Home & Garden Education Center
The Sanctuary at Shepardfields & EcoArcitecture!
CT Solar Challenge
other tables will have scientists who will teach you about
1. How the shape of wind turbines is related to performance
2. Expolring statistics! Looking at how statistics can be misused, with misleading graphs, correlation vs causation and more!
3. Birds of a Feather- Looking at the challenges of removing oil from feathers
4. CitizenScientist! Examples of ways in which the general public can get involved with science through joining existing programs such as FrogWatch, FeederWatch, Horseshoe Crab Monitoring, etc. Many of which involve assessing impacts of climate change.
5. Green Your Period- In a lifetime a woman will create ~62,500 POUNDS of waste- we’ll explore eco-alternatives to reduce waste
2-4pm Earth Day Poetry Read-In
If you would like to be part of this experience by hosting a booth, please fill out a booth application form here: